Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Carroll Dunham Art Gallery


I viewed the Carroll Dunham art gallery at The University of Albany. This gallery consisted of many different types of art including paintings, sketches, as well as cut drawings where a knife was used. Overall I felt that this gallery was set up well, forcing the viewer to walk a certain direction to get the ultimate analysis of Dunham's work. My favorite piece was titled "The Wave" and incorporated bold light colors on a large scale. I found myself continuously looking from center to the right and left of the painting. A large wave shaped object is the focal point of the painting with outlying objects making up the background. The Carroll Dunham gallery had an uplifting and revitalizing feel that could turn anyone's mood around. I enjoyed the trip and would definetly recommend this exhibit to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment