Monday, February 15, 2010

Andy Warhol 200 one dollar bills Lines

I took a piece we went over in class by Andy Warhol. It was the painting of money done in 1962. There is many ways to interpret this painting but I have my own interpretations and reasons for picking this specific painting.

Personally I enjoy looking at this painting because I see it as the greed people have towards money. In America specifically, money is the number one goal for most people and a way to get out of the positions they are in. I feel that Andy Warhol is trying to perceive peoples thirst for money and power through his painting.

I feel that this painting would fit perfectly inside a corporate office for many of the basic reasons. Due to the fact that this painting has to do strictly with money and power I feel that American Corporations and their endless goal of profit maximization at the expense of human labor would be a clear fit. In addition Warhol’s painting would fit well in offices and even some homes. Being such a simplified painting, it shows a lot and can be seen in many lights.

Overall I would definitely recommend this painting to businesses as well as certain public locations that have many walk-ins. It is very inspiring personally as a finance major looking to make it in the business world. It is definitely a painting I would purchase in the future.

http://www.designassembly.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/da_making_money_warhol_01.jpg


andy-warhol-200-one-dollar-bills.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment